Skip to content
HOW IS BAKAWONAWO FOUNDATION DIFFERENT FROM OTHER CHARITY ORGANISATIONS?
- We never give up till that one individual’s life under our care is impacted positively.
HOW WAS BAKAWONAWO STARTED?
- The Survivors started as an outreach program in the surbubs of Luwero. It later got launched and later officially got recognized by the government hand.
WHAT OTHER KINDS OF PROGRAMS DOES BAKAWONAWO CARRY ON APART FROM TAKING CARE OF ORPHANS?
- The survivors also has an outreach program which we have classified as External Program, here we do organize missions sometimes in the year and go identify hurting communities around us and conduct various sessions which includes, medical checkups, donating basic materials including scholastic. etc.
HOW EFFECTIVE ARE YOU?
- With our holistic approach, we have been in position to restore hope to the orphans by securing them shelters in which to live in, caring and extending support to them as they grow. This has been our most standing achievement. Reaching out to abandoned and hurting communities surrounding us has been part of our work achievements.
HOW DOES BAKAWONAWO SPEND ITS MONEY?
- We use 60% of the funds to support the children orphanage in Mukono, 30% on our External Program with initiatives including curriculum resources on active local children, leadership training workshops for children, Girl child education, widow’s health sensitization and business workshops, 5% on our governance and 5% on our fundraisings.
WHO SUPPORTS BAKAWONAWO PROGRAMS?
- We welcome any donation or grant to support BAKAWONAWO.
HOW CAN I SEE THE RESULTS OF MY CONTRIBUTIONS?
- One of our core values as BAKAWONAWO is honoring our stakeholders and being transparent in all we do. If you donate to any of our programs, you receive periodic updates on the impact of your contribution and through our social media platforms you are in position to see the impact and results.
CAN I SPONSOR A CHILD?
- Yes, you can sponsor a child in our orphanage. The more our sponsorship department grows, the more it avails us an opportunity to increase on the number of children under our care.
- With as low as 50 dollars a month, you are in position to sponsor a child in our orphanage.
DO YOU STAY IN TOUCH WITH GRANT RECIPIENTS OR DONORS?
- Our goal as an organization is to build strong partnerships and relationships with our donors. Our program manager consistently keeps in touch with our grant recipients to update and give them feedback on the progress and impact of their support towards SURVIVORS activities.
I WOULD LOVE TO DONATE MONEY TO A SPECIFIC PROGRAM, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
- Sure, you can donate to a specific program under BAKAWONAWO. We are structured under 2 categories; internal and external. Internal basically is the Orphanage, External is the outreach programs we extend to our surrounding communities; in this are various programs which include; missions, outreaches, training, sensitization, poverty eradication schemes.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SUPPORT?
- You can sponsor a child or donate cash to support a program under our external program.
- By subscribing to updates, either by email or post. You can also contact us directly here.
CAN I VISIT THE COUNTRY OR THE PROGRAM I AM SPONSORING?
- Meeting the children and volunteering to help make the project a reality is an extremely rewarding experience both for children and the donor. We therefore welcome you, your visit will give you a chance to connect with the ORPHANS you have been donating to and help you participate/volunteer in the activities that have been set to better their lives.